CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 19, 2012

To new beginnings...

     Now that life is settled down a bit and I am getting into a groove as a freshman first grade teacher, I decided starting this little blog would be a great way to reflect on my practice, share ideas, and be inspired by others! And let me tell you since discovering the world of teacher blogs I AM INSPIRED! I cannot believe what I was missing out on all of these years!

I have been in education for 13 years and got my start in the wonderful world of kindergarten and have to give a shout out to all of those extra special people! Kindergarten teachers are born with a little extra sweetness and a whole lot of patience. The last 11 years I taught second grade. I LOVED LOVED LOVED second grade and I am starting to really LOVE LOVE LOVE first. It has been a bit of a learning curve but I am absolutely fascinated at the way the little people are so eager to have access to their world. I am so intrigued about how the beginnings of reading take shape in their brains. Just jaw dropping for me...

So anyway, this blogging thing. My-oh-my has it taken up my evenings! I used to search teacher websites but it never even dawned on me to look at teaching blogs. Now Mr. Topper can't know of my new addiction hobby that is keeping me up late at nights and consuming my evenings while he is fast asleep ;) It's not that bad...not yet anyway :)

So there it is-my first official blog post. To new beginnings!

Mrs. Nietopski

3 comments:

Mrs. Kamrowski

I am so proud of my fellow First Grade teacher Mrs. Nietopski as she begins her blog!! We are so happy to have her as a part of our grade level.

Mrs. Kamrowski :)

Heather's Heart

Welcome to blogging!

I love First and have taught it for 12 years! My very first group of kiddos are seniors this year!

Yes, blogging is addictive! =)

I am your newest follower and would love for you to visit me if you get the chance.

I have tons and tons of *freebies! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Mrs. Nietopski

Thanks Heather for stopping by! I will be sure to stop by and visit your blog :)

Post a Comment