CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

To Dunk or Not to Dunk!

O-R-E-O!

One thing I share with my kids every year are my two favorite foods that I just can't live without---pizza and cookies! And the OREO is one of my faves!

To dunk or not to dunk. That is the question. My firsties were so observant and did not miss the two packages of the creamy chocolaty cookies that were hiding in plain site. (I am not very sneaky.) Seeing these on my table definitely peeked their curiosity! I let them stew for a bit and then explained our purpose.

 A few years ago, I began to participate in a fun Internet project created by Jen Wagner of Projects by Jen called the O.R.E.O Cookie Project. Click the link to check it out. It is a multi-disciplinary project suitable for any age level-even my little firsties.

We first began by collecting data and representing it graphically. The boys and girls then recorded the data onto this form. Click the picture to download:


We talked about representing data, tally marks, and comparing numbers. They can't wait to try their hand at stacking the cookies and I can't wait to eat them!!! Check back for some pics.

1 comments:

First Grade Carousel

I love finding new, upcoming bloggers! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for all the details :)

Oh yes, and I am your newest follower!

Post a Comment